There are contraindications and precautions when using the J-Tip:
- Contraindications include:
- If the patient is allergic to lidocaine.
- If the patient is undergoing chemotherapy treatment.
- Precautions include:
- If the patient is taking any blood thinner or has a blood disorder the J-Tip is not recommended due to the amount of pressure coming from the device and the patients’ ability to clot.
- If the patient has a portacath. We do not recommend using the J-Tip over a portacath due to the amount of pressure that comes from the J-Tip, as we would not want the port to be compromised in anyway.
*View Instructions for Use before using the J-Tip device.3